Monday 14 March 2011

Handmade Monday

What a lovely day it was yesterday here in the South West of England. I spent most of the day in the garden and pottering about outside. Luckily the previous days were miserable, giving me plenty of indoor time to make some jewllery!

Just a couple of quick makes this week, but I was struck with inspiration to make a fruity lemon/lime style necklace, well short of using real fruit I think these Murano style glass beads capture the 'taste' quite well!


 I can't wait for summer to come so I can wear it!



Having found my Murano beads, I thought I'd make another necklace for those not so sunny days..



Which one do you like best?

Please also pop on over to 1st Unique Gifts to check out all the other talented crafters' makes for this Handmade Monday, and don't forget the auction for Cancer Research UK at Angels and Diamonds - details in my previous entry.

Thanks for reading xx

13 comments:

  1. Love the fruit colours of the first necklace and agree summer days, warm and even more warmth, cannot wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy, the first one reminds me of the fruit rock you get by the seaside! Very nice :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not long now...this year is flying by. The lemon and lime necklace is very pretty and will look perfect on a Summers day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Def. the lemon/lime takes my fancy. Beautiful beads! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lemon is gorgeous, the blue is more me though!

    Loving the warmer weather and longer days, definitely makes you feel better!

    Thanks for taking part in Handmade Monday x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is this summer you speak of ! ? Sleet, rain and wind have been the order of the day for the last week :-) I love the lemon and lime though - cant wait till the weather is warm enough to have a cold gin and tonic out side with a HUGE slice of lime! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say I love the fruit colors! They reminded me of those Fruit Loop candies! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'm going to buck the trend and love the blue, the daisies really caught my eye. Although the yellow does remind me of sherbet lemons!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lemon and Lime for me also. I agree the weekend weather was lovely. Saturday was the first market of the year when we didn't spend the whole day shivering. Just a pity the frost was back again this morning

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love them both, what lovely beads. The lemon and lime definately would look well with summer outfits tho.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty beads... nice beads... I have to say the yellow shades are very summery, and the blues would go great with a summer evening dress. Looking forward to seeing more of your designs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I Love the summer / spring colours would look gorgeous with just a casual white linen shirt or T-shirt!
    Love them!
    Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete